View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 04:23 PM
LaineyBelle

What I wanted to ask you was, what you you do with the silkies that you made? What are the little loops for? I have not seen that before, very cute![/quote]

The silkies are just little security blankies -- those are 12" square. Gerber used to make them with a big silk ruffle on the edge and sell them about 8 years ago. My older nephew (the one who's turtle stuff is in the turtle quilt) LOVED his, and when my sister in law was pregnant, he wrote a note to the baby and gave him (the new baby) his silky. -- It made EVERYONE cry at the baby shower.

Nate - the older nephew - would rub the silkies under his nose constantly. They went EVERYWHERE and he had like 6. Some how he only wound up with 2. One went to new nephew, and the other went to another baby cousin in the family (who might be born this week!)

=)[/quote]

Okay, I can relate to that. I had to have flannel when I was little. I remember Mom having to get up in the middle of the night and go get me a piece of flannel out of her sewing stuff because I was crying so bad.

But I remember my youngest son had those nice thick silky nylon blankets when he was small, he had 2 of them and I washed them both on the same day once and he wanted something silky so he could take a nap and I found him laying on the floor with all of our nylon jackets under him. I had a 7up jacket-vest that the sleeves zipped off of, and I would take a sleeve off and let him have it to hold sometimes when we didn't have the blanket. As he got older, he used to carry his little hot wheels in something different every week. First a box, then a bag, but he finally came upon one of my silk pillow cases and from that day forward for years, he always had his pillow case with him so he had his silky and none of his friends knew. His wife likes to tease that he still likes his silkies, and he is 31 in May. Time sure flies! So love those babies when they are little, because before you know it, they will be grown, with kida of their own.