View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Ramona Byrd

[quote=desertrose]Thank you for sharing your bad days, cutting and measuring mistakes with me for it gives me courage to keep trying when I mess something up. I'm so new to quilting but not sewing that I beat myself and think I'm just to dumb to master all these new techniques. I thank you, thank you and thank you again.
------------------------
Nobody is stupid here, we all have bad days. Me, myself, I can't love math and never did, but have gotten to age 77 by careful counting on my fingers and now I love calculators!!! And when I wind up with a lot of extra fabric, then I start thinking of a crazy quilt!!!

Child, this old gal has had a lot of ripping to do but that small quilt is going to be done, one of these days. And my daughter had darn well tell me how her grandkids cry to visit just so they can wrap up in Granny's ice cream quilt to watch TV.
But the worst part of it is the subliminal suggestion "Buy Ice Cream" and of course "EAT ICE CREAM" and darned if I didn't step on the scales and gained..uh, well, over the holidays I gained and now am trying to lose..uh..pounds.