View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 06:58 PM
JanTx

My mother loves tulips and has them all over so when I found the Tulip Time line form Northcutt it was perfect. However, my beloved mother is a block turner. Show her your work and she'll flip it almost before she looks at it. Can't help herself, it seems. She's always been one to show me what I could do better next time than to compliment what I did okay this time. So .... I hesitate to even make her something, but she loves what I've been doing so ... here's a start. I ripped more on this little topper than I have on much larger projects I've done.

The pattern uses one charm pack and 2 yards of rick rack.
http://www.aquiltinglife.com/2009/03...le-topper.html

Don't know what I'll back it with. Would love some of the florals in this, but haven't found them yet. The charm pack came from ebay- it's two half packs. The full pack had blue/yellow as well as the pink/green and that didn't go with her stuff. The only yardage I've found so far is the one I have in the corners and I'm hoping for one that I used in the center instead. Our local quilt shop is having a shop hop this weekend and I'll see what I can find there.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-131604.jpe   attachment-131605.jpe