View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 08:16 PM
QuiltswithConvicts

Welcome to the newest Cyber-Sew on The Quilting Board. This site will help guide you while you create an appliqué quilt called "Affairs of the Heart." The quilt is from the book, "Affairs of the Heart" by Aie Rossman, published by AQS. This will be a sew-a-long. You will make blocks and keep your blocks. No swapping is required.

This group will be for support, encouragement, and friendship all while we are making our blocks. The main thread will be for questions, comments, and chat about what we are doing. Remember that we quilters are nice, generous and friendly people. No flaming will be tolerated. I will be here as the schedule maker (aka: host) and PatriceJ will be our moderator.

Posting of pictures of completed blocks is encouraged. Threads for pictures will appear under the heading "Affairs of the Heart Cyber Sew". Look for the Block numbered thread of the picture you are posting.

In order to participate in the cyber-sew, you will need to purchase the book. There will be no sharing or posting of the patterns as they are all copyright protected. Here are several links to sites where you can purchase this book. I'm sure there are lots of other sites, or perhaps your LQS will have it.

http://www.americanquilter.com/books...il.php?id=6517

http://www.amazon.com/Applique-Maste...3974979&sr=1-1

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...eart&x=63&y=16

This quilt, sewn as per the book, finishes up at 62" square. Some quilters may wish to make a larger quilt. By enlarging the block size, you can make your quilt larger without having to design more blocks. The block patterns in the book finish at 7" square. If you decide to enlarge the blocks, you will need to also enlarge the sashings & inner borders.

The book shows the appliqué method of needle-turn. Some quilters will want to do this. Others will maybe choose to use the freezer paper method. Others still, will want to machine appliqué theirs. Whichever method you choose to do, your quilt will be lovely!

There are 36 blocks plus sashings and borders. We will make one block a week beginning the week of June 5, 2011. A schedule can be found below.

Come on and join in the fun! There is plenty of time for you to gather everything you need for this project. We won't be starting until June.

If you are joining us or even contemplating making the quilt, please let us know by posting to this thread. Tell us about the quilt you are planning to make. Are you going to do hand appliqué or machine appliqué? What color background do you think you're going to use? What kind of fabrics? Are you going to make it the original size, or enlarge it?

I'm sure we will all have fun. I know we will all improve our appliqué skills!

Thanks for stopping by. See you soon!

Block Chart & Schedule
[ATTACH=CONFIG]133459[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Attachment-133454.pdf (30.0 KB, 792 views)