View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 05:09 AM
PghPat

[/quote]

I bought the pattern from a LQS and I really did not mind the money I paid for it until I started making it. Cutting it out was a breeze, but I like many are still stuck with the first step (pocket) when sewing it. I think for the money it costs, it could have included better instructions. I have been sewing for 45 yrs and never had this much trouble understanding the instructions for something I made. Very poor instructions... in my opinion.[/quote]

I know your post was quite a while ago but I had to comment. I am a new quilter - less than a year. I am just about finished with my first Bow Tuck and the whole time I've been working on it I've thought how nervous I am going to be buying patterns in the future. I think this was the WORST when it comes to pattern writing. Like so many others my pattern has been sitting for quite a while because it sounded so hard to do.
I could not understand why I've heard so many people making so many of them. Well, now that I've made one and see that it is quite simple - if you can decifer the pattern - I can understand that.

I am SO very glad you posted that this was truly an exceptional hard pattern to understand.

Pat