View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 06:52 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Yippee!! And we are off and running! I'm going to do this one. I'm thinking about a dark olive type green background (I think the colors will still pop) and then use fabs that are in the autumn color range with some creamy lights thrown in to make it pop. I'm considering using the blocks on point to enlarge the quilt but not the blocks. I haven't gotten to thinking too much about the borders yet...but we'll get there! You know how all these decisions change in the "doing". I also haven't decided on the technique yet either.

Kathy..are we allowed to post a pic of the entire quilt here or maybe the cover of the book so people can see it without going anywhere else?? And THANK YOU for organizing all this..the schedule looks very doable!
I put a link in my bit on the first page, Patti, to that quilt which has been machine done, it also shows the blocks clearly, so that will give people an idea of what is involved. I know the border is different, but other than that, it looks very close to the book.

I just looked at another one when I Googled, and the maker hadn't added the embroidery on hers - I have become accustomed to the designs in the book, and now that un-embroidered one looks half dressed to me! LOL.