View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by candi
Lesley, thanks for the welcome and help.

Barbarajane, congrats on all the ribbons. Would love to see a photo.

Butterflyspain,
I would love to get more information on quilting this as you go, if you have a source, please share.

If I join this challenging endeavor,I'll be looking at using a machine appliqué method where you use starch and heat-resistant template, as well as glue to turn the edges under for machine appliqué. I took a class for tis technique last year, but didn't practice it much, it IS time consuming, but with my limited needle skills,I can achieve neater results with it than fusible appliqué, lol. And since this is to be done one block at a time, perhaps I'll have patience for it.

Ok, Ill be getting the book this week and hopefully I won't loose my faith in myself doing this, lol.
No, don't lose faith in yourself before you have even started Candi - we will all be here to cheer you on, whicever method you choose. I made the Jane Stickle quilt last year, and when I started, I almost doubted my ability to do it, but its done and dusted now, and I am really pleased that I made it to the end.

This one has only 36 blocks in it, and the schedule is based on making one a week, so it should be withing reach of anyone who wants to start.

Barbara Jane, thank you, it would be nice to see those pics if you can find them.