Old 01-31-2011, 01:09 PM
Gwyn

My problem is I see too many choices and I can't decide. I do like sampler quilts so I'm sticking with the favorite quilt squares or patterns. Of course I had to par that list down a long way too. I'm not exactly sure how much experience we all have so choosing favorite blocks should be something everyone will enjoy. I'm not even going to restrict colors. I love them all. I found a really cute crayon fabric to back it with and a fabric that has crayons all lined up like in a box. If I need too, I may use it as a border to sort of wind it up together. At any rate, I plan to use it for binding.

I think I will do a My Favorite Things quilt in this same style, but follow the song or actually represent all my favorite things. My secret garden I really want to do. I need to get the embroidery program for my daughter's machine in order to really do it well. I can see lots of different possibilities with it.

After my first experience with a row robin, I'll know better how to choose a theme. One I thought of was "Oh Moda Me" made with moda theme fabrics. I also love Sunbonnet Sue & Overall Sam which would also be a fun row robin quilt.