Thread: Hi Everyone!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 02:05 PM
bubblegum1286

Hello,

I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I'm a brand new "baby" quilter! I remember when I was about nine, I tried to make my mom a quilt for Christmas by sewing together very roughly (unmeasured) cut pieces of scrap fabric I found around the house. The project failed, but my interest in quilting as an art has always stuck with me.

When I got married three years ago, my husband got me a sewing machine because he knew that I'd always talked about wanting to learn to quilt.

I'm a young stay at home mom, and my husband is a teacher, so money is tight. Because of that, I've never taken a class and everything I've learned has been from beginner books, watching Elenore Burns on public access tv, and asking my sister in law (who is also a quilter).

I'm so happy to be on here! I was searching online for a group that might challenge me and encourage me and answer my questions. I hope to make friends on here, so you all can serve as just that! I LOVE that you have swaps and challenges.

I've been working on a baby quilt for my son for two years :oops: ...he'll be 2 this March. Starting isn't a problem for me, finishing is. I've also started several other projects, but have yet to complete even one. I don't feel like I can call myself a quilter until I finish a project!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to joining in the fun.
Kat