View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 04:06 PM
MCH

My brother and his family live in St. Louis. We've been texting this afternoon, letting me know when everyone is home safe. I'm waiting for the text that my SIL is home safe.

They've put tarps on the family cars that sit outside so as to protect them from the ice.

Here's the "rest of the story" --

I got a phone call @ 7:30 AM today from my dear friend who lives in Kankakee, IL, about an hour south of Chicago. "There's a major storm coming our way and I don't think I should wait until Wednesday to bring Mikey to you. We need to get out today. I'm leaving Midway this afternoon and landing in San Jose this evening. I'll be there until next Monday."

Details are: she is my college roomie from the mid-60's, she owns a female miniature Australian shepherd female that had puppies in November. Mikey is one of the puppies.
My "roomie" is desperately looking forward to spending a week in the warm California sun.

It's going to be a fun week! Temperatures here (San Francisco Bay area) are forecast to be in the low 60's all week with clear skies.

Now, you know the "rest of the story" -- and why she and I have been friends for more than 40 years. She has lived all her life in Illinois while I've gone from NY => Chicago=> CA. It's a friendship that "took". I'm very blessed...the husbands and the kids are friends, too!