Old 01-31-2011, 06:40 PM
Ann L

Originally Posted by JaneK
Hi, I also think the featherweights are kind of tiny, but that's what makes them so cute! I have what I think is the greatest "little" machine. Weighs very little. I transport it everywhere and it sews like a dream. It's an ELNA Tsp lotus. It has flaps that fold up on 3 sides to serve as it's carrying case and they fold down as a sewing table when you use it. It has straight stitch as well as reverse, zig -zag, and the coolest little retractable bobbin retriever that pulls down to stick in the bobbin hole and lift it out. Love, love , love this machine, also much less expensive than a Singer featherweight. I do, however love my Singers, too, especially my 201-2, but it weighs 10, 000 pounds! :-) I put my iron in the photo so you can see the size comparison.
I am learning alot on this site as well. I found and bought a 301 but I am wishing it had a zig zag on it and now I find out that I can get this ELNA with zig zag and it's nice and tiny. I guess maybe I will have to sell the 301 and look for an ELNA. Are they as hard to find at the FW?