View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 01:43 AM
olebat

Originally Posted by ptquilts
mmm, sounds good! Isn't it fun going through the old recipe box? I feel a tug on my heart when I see my mum's handwriting, she is long gone but I still have her recipes.
Going through my mom's tin box of recipes is is more entertaining than through my MIL's boxes because I remember the ones from mom, and her box has the ones copied from Granny. When I venture through the ones from DH's side of the family the clippings and cards reflect a different taste. (The farmer eats what the farmer knows.)

Once I started browsing yesterday, it was like a trip down Memory Lane. I even started going through my boxes. In one of the boxes I found an entire set of spiral bound index cards which our second exchange student had made for his H.S. cooking class the year he lived with us. As I flipped through the cards I saw a German Tornado cake. Darn! Wouldn't you know it was exactly the same as the Texas Tornado cake I just posted with a change of name to his home country. He got a 100 on the recipe. I wonder what the assignment was. As I continued to flip, I saw a few more family recipes.