View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 04:23 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
Originally Posted by shequilts
I keep hearing about the boards used to fold and store fabric, and from what I hear, they're not cheap. Why not use the cardboard that bolts of fabric come on? I've used this for years and never spent a dime on a "board". They're free anywhere that sells fabric. I have closet shelves in my walk-in closet. They're three deep on the back wall and two sides. I have over 400 "bolts" stacked on end in this closet. I sort by color family and can easily "shop" for what I need. My only investment was for the shelves. The cardboards are replaceable for free.
I attached a couple of pics to clarify what I mean.
To be honest this is sort of an insult. To tell someone a product they use is unnecessary just because you don't use it is kind of insulting. Just because you don't use it, need it or want it doesn't mean nobody else should use it, need it or want it.
I don't think anyone is intending to insult you. We are just telling you what works for us. It is your storage, you can do it any way you want. I like my fabric behind closed doors or in drawers to keep the light away, that doesn't mean that is the only way to store.