View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 05:17 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Ok, maybe because it is a crazy hour of the morning (4:30am) but I am intrigued and scared at the same time. I want to try doing this but if you knew me, you would know it is out of my comfort zone, truly... LOL!

I will order my book and try a block to kinow for sure. My motto in the past (as early as yesterday) has been "I don't do needle turn applique". But, Leslie, your idea of enlarging the block sounds like it might be doable for me. Leslie, are you saying that you are doing hand embroidery? I love to do hand embroidery but also sort of a novice at that also.

Will you all really hold my hand through all of this to the very end if I take the plunge? :shock: :shock: :shock:
I promise, Linda - I will stick with you right to the very end of the schedule, holding your hand all the way. (short of illness, incapacity or death that is, LOL). I intend to take lots of pics on how I do things, to help out, cos I know that needleturn does sound kinda scary. But if it really gives you the heeby jeebies, you can always machine the bits down. The quilt I gave a link to on page one got a first ribbon, and that was all machined.