Thread: SITD foot?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 06:23 AM
margaret53

Originally Posted by illinois
I love both the walking foot and the SITD foot. But there were times I wished I had the advantages of both so inquired at the shop where I bought my Janome. Yahoooo! There is an attachment that snaps into the walking foot that converts it to a SITD as well. I used it for the first time this week and it works like a charm. SITD goes so much faster and more accurate, as well. Advantages of both feet in one. It is labeled a Ditch Quilting Guide and Adjustable Quilting Guide so there are 2 attachments in the one package. I've not used the second attachment. I might mention, too, that the snap-in part of the housing on the walking foot had broken off mine quite awhile back and they have replacements of that so you don't have to buy an entirely new walking foot. (I have not tried it but the dealer told me that this will work on the featherweight machine, too, since both are low shank machines.)
Thank you for this info. I like my sitd foot but really need the walking foot, too. Maybe I don't baste well enough or something. I am going to look for this for my Janome right now.