Old 02-01-2011, 09:58 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by kwendt
Originally Posted by Donna Mare
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Honestly quilters are way more fun to hang out with and we do not mind helping each other out. Plus the way I look at it is that we are all family here and that is the way I like it!!!:thumbup:

Billy
Shame on them! Their loss!
...Is our gain! We really like having you 'around', Billy. Thank you for all your help, answered questions and expertise. We learn vicariously through you, and as a result... you've fired up a whole lot of us into salvaging/saving/restoring a lot of good, old machines.
Billy, Thank you for sharing! And everyone else too! I found this board while researching quilting with a treadle. I was so excited because I had finally found a group that was open and willing to share. I didn't have to pay a membership. With the use of the internet and younger folks taking an interests in vintage and retro sewing machines, there will be more blogs and groups forming,( the Yahoo and Facebook groups are an example of this now). I feel that as a collector gets old ( and we are all getting old), their machines are going to have to be sold and passed down to younger folks. So, why not share and help the younger collectors understand and love their vintage machines too. The machines will live longer than the owners. So best to be of help and teach, just my two cents.