View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I am in then.

Kathy, thank you for hosting this and for all of your encouragement to the inexperienced. You too Leslie, I have long admired your work. Candi thanks for your encouragement. Barbara, what a beautiful quilt. I especially love your light border. It showcases your blocks so well.

Going to order my book today. I am planning to do black background with Kona. I have heard there are two Kona blacks. Not sure which one I will use.

I will try to learn the needle turn, Leslie, with your guidance and photos. I do like hand sewing but am not very nimble with my large fingers. Haven't decided on whether to do the embroidery by hand (I do simple embroidery almost every night and when traveling in the car) or use that beautiful Razzle Dazzle with couching. The sparkly would certainly set off the colors.

Forgot to mention I love and wear bright colors and have lots in my stash. The black should set those colors off very well.

Sewwww much to learn and such great company. Thank you everyone. :-D

Linda
I have the ordinary Kona black (from Hancocks of Paducah, which is the best price I have found) I think there is a premium version, but I don't know where you would get that.

A little bit nearer the time, I thought I would do some samples of stitches, (hand and machine) etc i.e. various techniques that I will post so that you can all have a practice before getting started proper and decide which you will use in your particular quilt. Is that a good idea?