Thread: Intimidated!!
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 01:25 PM
rob529

Frogging is a part of quilting...need to learn how to do it well without damaging the quilt tops. I've learned how to do this very well! :oops:

The first quilt I was quilting was for my daughter for her wedding...I had a floor lamp too close and somehow hooked the shade with one of the back handles (it was the one with the "go" button on it). I stopped quilting to check something out, the lamp was at an angle and fell over, hitting the "go" button and off my machine went, guided by the lamp falling over. :shock: I had a bit of a mess to "frog", but no one could ever tell I frogged quite a bit across the quilt.

You won't be so silly as to do that! You'll be fine...scariest part is hitting the "go" button the first time. Remember to breathe and a light touch creates the smoothest quilting, so you don't have to have a death grip on the handles! :thumbup:[/quote]

I've not heard the term "frogging" before. I like that. Thank goodness your fingers weren't in the way when the lamp started to run your machine for you. We had a lab puppy, a huge lab puppy, who was very clingy. He would sew for me. Couldn't seem to stay off the peddle. Never got me eother though.