Old 02-01-2011, 02:44 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Donna Mare
GOJO Geeesh.. Sorry.... OK , thank you both for the info...on the auto parts store to get it. I was in one this morn. Well.. if the 2 feet of snow doesn't come, I will go tomorrow..Todays 6 inches seems to be slowing down.

I feel SO stupid I keep thinking the other spelling. THANK YOU!!
OK...see the not on the NO Gritty so regular GOJO! thanks again
Can I do the whole machine with it? ( excluding the wood)
Don't feel stupid... I don't see why you couldn't use it on the whole machine, tho metal cleaner might clean up your silver colored parts better, don't know... I did use my silver polish to get a bunch of crud off the face and rear plates before cleaning the black heads with Gojo. That silver polish made the faceplates really shine!

I have been to Needlebar and scruntinized pictures of the lotus decals vs. the brown lotus and truly they are nearly identical. Both have the same reddish-brown flowers, but on the regular lotus the smaller flowers are two colors of green, and on the brown lotus those green flowers have tiny red tips. So by that criteria mine is a brown lotus. It's got the red tipped smaller flowers. Sheesh... if that's the only dif, it ain't much! :roll: Anyway, nice to know what I've got.

I've also been messing with the treadle workings on that same machine's cabinet and think I've isolated the clunking sound to the end of the pitman rod, where it connects to the treadle. There seems to be too much movement in it, and I'm not sure how to fix that. It's a DR cabinet (the one Billy has been looking for...) and you can't get into the compartment behind that pitman rod. It's work to pump that treadle and I know it's not supposed to be.