View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 02:47 PM
pab58

Originally Posted by LaurieE
There are problems printing out this pattern for the simple reason is she has too many pieces and they won't fit on 1 page. I can't reduce my margins lower than .3 which means some of the pattern pieces get cut off. I've printed them out using landscape and portrait. It would have been better if she had these as 4 or 5 templates instead of 3.

After finally getting them printed out, I had an idea which I wish I had earlier this morning. The templates are gifs which means they will open in a photo program (like Photoshop). One option would be to open the gif and by using copy and paste, turn these into smaller units. That means you may have 6 files but you won't have to worry about getting them to all fit on 1 page.
I adjusted the margins (moved everything down) in Print Preview, printed off the top half of the page, readjusted the margins (moved everything up), and then printed off the bottom half of the page. That way I won't have anything cut off. :wink: It worked fine by doing it that way.

WOO-HOO!!!!! Just found out that I have a SNOWDAY tomorrow!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: So after I help dig out I will get started working on my farmhouse. I think I will browse through my fabrics tonight so I will be ready to go!!! Hey, if things go as I think they will, we might just get TWO snowdays out of this blizzard!!! The principal told some of our secondary students today that with the bitter cold that is to follow the storm we might not have school on Friday either! Keepin' my fingers and toes crossed!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: A long weekend will give me more time to sew and work on my teacher homework! :D I might actually get to finish one of my UFOs, too!! :shock: