View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Quiltmaniac2010

Originally Posted by carolaug
My husband has agreed that I need a frame for my machine. I saw that there was a Jamone 7700 that someone posted on a gracie frame, part of it I believe was made. Does anyone have a Jamone Horizon in a Gracie frame if so what name Brand of the Gracie. I have found a few used ones and wondering if it would work.
Hi Carol: I sent you a PM from the post that had the pictures of the Horizon on the Gracie frame. Be very careful purchasing a used frame. The Horizon is so large, that it needs a big carriage to sit on (the part that moves back and forth) I ordered the GMQ Pro Grace frame for that reason - it comes with the updated aluminum carriage that will accommodate the huge size of the Horizon. You also need a speed control from the Grace Company. Check out Sew-Vac Direct in Texas - I bought from them and they were very helpful. Contact me if you want any more information. I love the GMQ Pro - it is made of wood, which I prefer to metal and folds up when you aren't using it if need be. My husband said that it was extremely well-made - birch I think. Very sturdy. It takes a bit to assemble, but if you follow the DVD everything will go OK. I liked the fact that you can set it up for crib, queen or king size. I set it up for king, as I had the room, and you can do any sized quilt on it from a table runner to a huge king sized quilt. Keep me posted.

Linda