View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 07:23 PM
QuiltingGrannie
Banned

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
I was going to suggest Hayloft. Never been there, but want to visit.
It's a cute store. It's actually above a grocery store. It's sort of like a balcony, in a U shape that goes 3/4 the way around the store. They've got quite a bit of fabric for what seems like a small area. The whole quilt store overlooks the grocery store!

Shady Maple is a most wonderful smorgasbord that is close to the Hayloft. If you can, you should have a meal there. They have a huge gift shop downstairs with very reasonably priced Jim Shore figurines.

There are a ton of shops in Lancaster all along route 340 and the surrounding areas. The Old Country Store is a great place to shop, they have an online store as well. Upstairs from that store is the People's Place Museum. It's small but if you're in the store, you should spend a few minutes upstairs looking at the quilts. Across the store is the Kitchen Kettle Village with lots of little shops in it. And if you're hungry, they have a little cafeteria type place or the Kling House (need reservations).

Have a great time!
I actually think I've eaten at Shady Maple many years ago. I used to live in Berks County, PA (BQD= Before quilting days). So didn't go fabric shopping.