Old 02-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by kwendt
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by kwendt
Treadles... which to get to actually use the machine for quilting and sewing... what advice would you tell me?
Have one treadle; move different heads in and out. You can have them all that way!!
Miz Johnny, Billy and others:.... other than the fiddle VS's... are the hinges and openings the same for most singer treadles? I realize that Whites, Domestics and all have different cabinet needs... but if I stuck with full size, old singers treadle machines: 201, 66's, ??? and VS 27s with straight beds ... then I can switch them out like Billy does? Billy, didn't you MAKE your sewing deck/treadle counter that's in your pics?

Does the VS sew better or worse? I remember reading like back on page 156 of this thread :wink: that if you're sewing, stay away from the VS machines, they are noisy... etc.
Yes they have the same size bed 14 5/8" x 7" and you can change them out all day long. As for the VS machines it really your preference. They are really soothing to use but they have their quirks. The 66 sews real smooth and has a drop n bobbin that will hold more thread. I like them all but my first machine was a VS so they will always hold a special place in my heart.

Billy
Billy