View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 08:15 PM
QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Ok, maybe because it is a crazy hour of the morning (4:30am) but I am intrigued and scared at the same time. I want to try doing this but if you knew me, you would know it is out of my comfort zone, truly... LOL!

I will order my book and try a block to kinow for sure. My motto in the past (as early as yesterday) has been "I don't do needle turn applique". But, Leslie, your idea of enlarging the block sounds like it might be doable for me. Leslie, are you saying that you are doing hand embroidery? I love to do hand embroidery but also sort of a novice at that also.

Will you all really hold my hand through all of this to the very end if I take the plunge? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Welcome to the group! You can do needle turn if you want to or use machine applique. Lesley will be giving all sorts tutes along the way for needle turn applique.

Leaving our comfort zones is the way we learn new & exciting things. Way back in the begining (before dirt was named), everything I did was by hand because that was what we did. Gradually, I started using my machine more & more. Now, I love my machine & try to find ways to make her sing new songs. You don't need to jump completely out of your comfort zone, but maybe stick a toe out first, then another toe. Pretty soon the whole foot is out there & you're dancing a new dance!

With the help of all these ladies, you can do it - I know you can!!!