Old 02-01-2011, 10:13 PM
JoanneS

Accuquilt is what it says it is: ACCURATE! Every single piece you cut is perfect. And you can cut them so quickly. Sure, you THINK you can cut accurately with templates. But you wind up having to square up. Never have to square up with Accuquilt. I especially love doing HSTs now! It cuts the dog-ears off, too.

You quickly learn how to do a little pre-cutting (no accuracy needed - so it's fast) so you don't waste a lot of fabric.

If you have arthriti or back problems, it's especially nice. My DH had even offered to start cutting for me, because of my back problems. When I described the Accuquilt to him, he said ,'Buy one!"

At first, it's hard to crank the handle. Hang in there, because it gets easier after it is used for a while. Remember how a new jump rope was kind of stiff, but it softened up after you used it for a while? Sort of the same. The dies stay sharp, though.

Fast, accurate, easy-peasy!

As for the sizes not fitting every pattern - they fit the most-used block patterns.The 2-7/8" block someone mentioned that would be a pain in the neck to cut no matter HOW you cut it.

www.jhittlesewing.com has good prices for the dies, and you can find good prices for them on ebay, too. If you spend at least $100 at jhittle, shipping is free - important, because the dies are heavy.