Old 02-02-2011, 04:47 AM
sawsan

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
Rhonda, where did you get all these names? Haven't heard of some, but some are really old-timey. My favorite is Cecilia, guess because the white corners & pinwheels appear to be 3D, just waiting for them to start turning..........LOL. They are all wonderful. Thanks again.
I live in a little town of 400 people in SE Iowa. It is an old fashioned town and most of these names about 70 to 75% of them are people I knew. Some are family and some are friends I grew up around.

Vera was a friend of my mom's who lived 2 houses down from us. Flossie was an elderly lady I used to go spend time with when I was in elementary because I enjoyed her company. Clara was a favorite great aunt. Sarabeth is my daughter. Bertha was another great aunt who I enjoyed. She rode and broke horses and rode even after she got Lou Gerig's disease. A very strong willed and plucky lady. I could go on but I won't. I have memories of alot of these ladies. I have always been fascinated with the old time names. There are so many V names and that is so much fun! Vera Violet Velma Viola all ladies I grew up around. And there are more Vs.
Verna was my grandma. I used Leora and she was my other grandma

I also asked for and received help from other people with names. I looked up lists on the internet to find old fashioned names. To me quilt blocks and old fashioned women's names just go together. Reminds me of all the quilts I have seen with signatures of the quilters who made that quilt. Naming the quilt blocks with women's names was a lot easier than trying to come up with quilt block type names like broken dishes or road to Georgia or some such.
R u a philosophy? or it is your philosophy life gives u
I love it like any thing u did.