Old 02-02-2011, 06:44 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Nancy,
Your Free No.5 is beautiful! I have the same Free and treadle. I believe my treadle was in that style cabinet, but the person giving away my Free tossed the cabinet since it was all damaged. My treadle has a crack in irons and the pitman rod is missing the balls. One day I will fix that. I just love the decals on the Free No. 5.
Very NICE! Also enjoy that treadle in your sewing room.
Thank you all that commented on my "Free" treadle! I love the little parlor cabinet! I love the treadle peddle! I love the machine! The whole package! That cabinet when closed up is really small. You can't tell it is a sewing machine cabinet! Now I have to get her all oiled up and see if she can sew!

I have been using all my treadles, but until yesterday didn't have one in the sewing room where I need one to be! I put my Mother's beloved Pfaff 130 away for now. Put my Koala cabinet in one of our storage units -- then moved the 15-88 in the sewing room! I can now piece with the 15-88! So exciting!

I think Mom would be ok with this as she use to sew on a treadle as a young lady! I wish I knew which one!

Nancy