View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Obsessed

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
Elle, I love your colors, your quilt will be stunning!!! :thumbup:

Patti, your colors sound wonderful too. Girlie, are you a redhead?

Does anybody remember the book about chosing your season, four general groups of colors; based on your skin tone and hair color? I'm a Spring, (pastels, creams, navy) the colors were supposed to be the colors that would look best with your skin tone and hair color. Generally, redheads were Autumn, all colors of Autumn. Long time ago...

I will chime in on the value of support this board offers, it is the part that can carry you through to finish a quilt! I printed lots of information on the Jane Stickle quilt 5 years ago, and would look at it from time to time and think "I would like to make this quilt-someday." Then I found the sew along, and my quilt top is finished, I'm not sure I could/would have finished on my own.
I had that book, and I am most definitely an autumn! Maybe that explains why I'm making my Penny Haren quilt in autumn colored batiks and am planning the same color scheme for this one! I just love those autumn colors.

Amazon is to deliver my AOTH book today and I can't wait to get it and really start planning....