View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 08:33 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

so---heres the story---i made this quilt for 88th birthday of
my hubby's grandma, who lives in a nursing home...she loves the quilt and proudly uses it, and shows it off :D
the hanky under the pot of flowers was one of my grandma's...they new each other (and delivered each other's baby's) my grandma passed away 15 years ago...so i'm so glad to have this grandma...
anyhow...she tends to -scootch--- her bottom across the top of the quilt when she's getting up...Mother-in-law (confiscated) the quilt last visit...wigging right out about some of the flowers curling up-coming loose in spots...nothing i thought was horrible bad, but some stitching is (loosing its grip)
so...after some study i created all new flowers and fused them over the old flowers...needed freshening up anyhow...and i plan on sewing them all done...but was wondering
i kept thinking i need something to put over it (like tule?) before stitching it down, so when she scootches she does not do this again---any suggestions? i don't know how tule would work...i don't want to (dim) the vibrancy of the flowers...would nylon work? i need it to be washable...but want to put some sort of (protective cover) over the bouquet...
any thoughts?
heres a couple pics...the whole quilt and the bouquet that's being a problem...

the whole quilt- well most of it
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153079[/ATTACH]

the bouquet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153080[/ATTACH]

another close up of the center
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153107[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-153074.jpe   attachment-153075.jpe   attachment-153102.jpe