View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Oh, goody, several books are on the way. I will be interested to see what you all think once your copy has arrived. The important thing is not to panic, if you feel overwhelmed with the applique, and haven't done much of it up to now.

This is what the board is all about, getting you to think a bit outside the box and try somthing that will stretch you a little bit.

I know I felt this way when I started DJ, it was almost fear and tredipation - I hadn't ever contemplated something so complicated. I was lucky in that I had done hand applique, but I hadn't ever done any paper piecing, so that was new to me. I hadn't ever done a scalloped edge, nor used any kind of Quilt as you Go.

After I finish the block I am working on, I intend to start organising some help for you all by way of lots of pics, so fret not, there will be help here for you to realise this quilt.

BTW, I didn't have a colour book, but I did go for a consultation with a colour consultant. I went with three friends, and we all ended up as a different season. Mine was summer - all the Sweet Pea colours, and lots of blues, purples, plums, aubergines, no orange, brown and only one yellow.