View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 09:14 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

she does not use the quilt with her wheel chair... she walks with a walker...the quilt fits her bed and is always on it...but she sits on it all day long...and scootches her butt along to stand up...hense the problem. i checked out the web site mentioned...and will keep looking for product i can get in the usa...really don't want to spend a huge amount on a fix...i don't mind fixing it when it comes back to me...this is the 3rd time it has been brought back to me (for different reasons) the first time was right after i gave it to her and she carried it folded up on her lap everywhere...and during crafting she cut 2 holes in it...fixed those and told her she had to keep it on her bed, it wasn't a craft blanket....
then one of the aides tucked it under her matteress and it got caught on a spring...and ripped...fixed that...and now the flowers coming loose...i bet it has been washed weekly for the past 2 years-she turns 90 in march---so i guess all in all it's holding up pretty well. thanks for the suggestions.. i think i need to visit hobby lobby or joannes and see what i can find...i thought about using liquid stitch, but it dries so (hard)--- any other ideas?