Old 02-02-2011, 10:49 AM
KarenBarnes

Regarding the pens I talked about earlier, I've been following a thread and this is what someone else posted...

"I tried them and the marks ironed out beautifully but reappeared when I got the test fabric cold. I ironed again, washed in hot water, dried on medium heat and then subjected it to cold and they reappeared."

So I guess I won't be using them like I thought I would. I'm still going to try them on a project just to practice. I've tried a large variety of pens and haven not found something that will last. I'd like to mark the top before sandwiching because it's easier but nothing ever lasts until I'm done stitching! When I'm handquilting I don't use a frame, I baste and stitch in my lap. I also go through thimbles like crazy! I can't use the metal/plastic ones because they don't fit my finger! I like the leather but needles go through them fairly soon. Guess I need to design my own leather one!

The thread about pens was one about washable Crayola markers. Apparently some have had success with them...