Old 02-02-2011, 11:06 AM
purplefiend

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Wow Sharon loved your Webshots. How many FW's do you have? I think I counted 4 or 5? You even have a FW table! I loved the dog pictures too! I don't think I could do what you did with the treadle -- I am not that innovative.
Nancy
Nancy,
Thank you for your kind words.
At one time I had 5 FWs. I've sold 5 and since bought 3 more, for a total of 3 now. I think the tan FW was the one I wanted most of all. I learned how to remove and clean tension disks, they were rusty on the tan FW. I found the FW table at a high school yard sale, it had no insert and was being sold for $.50! I was generous and gave $5.
The lady taking money, just couldn't understand why anyone would want an old holey table that was all scratched up. Dh assured her that he could patch that hole and refinish it. I didn't do the happy dance until after we got in the truck and down the road. :lol:
Between DH and I we figured out we could put the Singer top on the Elgin irons. The other people in Treadle On had done the same thing, so we figured it was doable. Its called a Franken-treadle. :-D
Sharon