Old 02-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Borntohandquilt

Originally Posted by Hinterland
Depends on the local quilt shop. I'm thinking about teaching hand quilting, but I haven't gotten past the thinking stage yet. I know my LQS hasn't offered any hand sewing classes in a long time, but I don't know if that's their choice or if they can't find a teacher. Another LQS has offered hand quilting in the past.

I taught myself by reading books on quilting; today you can find tutorials on line that will show you how. And if you ask a question here someone will know the answer.

Janet
I teached hand quilting here in Germany and also in Luxemburg from 1998 to 2006 and started again last year. Although you find a lot of information in the internet, tutorials, videos etc. many people don't want to learn hand quilting that way. They prefer to learn from a teacher, spend some time with her/him in a workshop, they want to meet other quilters in person and they want somebody by their side for help and support! As far as I know we only have 3 or 4 teachers for hand quilting here and at the moment it seems to be only one (ME!) who is willing to travel for workshops.
Janet, maybe it would be a wonderful option for quilters who want to learn if you offer workshops at your LQS. And it is also fun for the teacher! :)