View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 02:33 PM
sunkistmi

Jeannie, I'm sorry if you thought my reply was directed to you. It wasn't. Stray animals getting into our garbage is a real problem and you have a right to try to stop it. After having one of our dogs die by having a chicken bone puncture his throat, I'm not sure I would feed anything chicken bones but it, the dog, was obviously used to eating them. Chicken bones tend to splinter very easily as compared to many other bones so they, and most fowl, are not recommended to be fed to dogs. Cats will eat differently than a dog will so they don't have as much of a problem with fowl bones. You solved your problem to the best of your ability. My response was to the person who said to take out a gun and just shoot the strays (cats). I don't believe shooting an animal is ever a good or humane solution.

Our first kitten resisted every effort we made to get him to stop chewing on the furniture. We were at the end of our rope so we finally tried hot sauce on the wood. It wasn't the really, really hot stuff but only what I could tolerate which really isn't very hot. Apparently however, it was enough to make him stop. He sure had a mind of his own though.

Hopefully Wonderwoman can come to some sort of peaceful solution with her neighbor. I wish her the best.