View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 03:37 PM
QuiltswithConvicts

Right now, we are some of the lucky ones. We have heat & lights - just no water. I think I have figured out what's frozen - the pipes leading either to or from the water softener. It's fairly new & I don't know if they wrapped heat tape on it when installing it. DH was home, not me. It sits out back against the house in a galvanized aluminium box which has a small amount of insulation, but I'm not sure if it's enough for this severe cold. Can't get to where the pipes are as box is 4+ feet high with a lid on top. Pipes are at the bottom. We just have to wait it out. At least I made reservations at a really nice hotel. We won't be staying over night - just get things cleaned up & come back here! $114.00/night for a shower.

Have to go back to work tomorrow.

Can't wait to cut into those batiks, but I have 2 quilts to finish before I can even think aboutdoing anything else.

The top for the Booze quilt is finished. I have the 3 layers on the table, but just didn't feel like starting to pin it. Will get 'er done this weekend. Then I have another top ready to be layered, basted & quilted. Sure wish I had the Avante 18 that I want so badly!