Old 02-02-2011, 03:38 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Originally Posted by janisspencer
Hi,I am new to this so bear with me. I have acquired a Singer treadle machine. The only No. I have found on it is G7789982. I would like to learn more about it so if you could give me information of how to get a manuel for it I would appreciate it. It sews well but would like to get some parts for it. Other than a manuel it also needs the thread holder for the top. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks jan
More importantly that number tells you what the machine is-- a model 66! The manual is available as a free download online, here:
www.a1sewingmachine.com/manuals/66.pdf

With it being made in 1910 I would venture a guess that it has back-clamping feet, unless someone changed the pressure bar to one that accepts side clamping feet, somewhere along the way. I have a 1908 66 that uses back clamping feet and that works for me! I have read (mostly here) that those feet are harder to find than the side clamps, probably because so many later machines all used the same side clamps.

Not sure what you mean by needing a thread holder. Is one of the thread guides broken off? You can probably find the part online, or maybe Billy can hook you up.

Enjoy that cool machine!
I think that machine is a 127, manufactured Jan 6 1920. Not a 66.
As to the thread holder, Billy may have one. If not, there are online stores for vintage parts. Or you could just use a thread holder stand.