View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 05:02 PM
jpthequilter

Look, I am an animal lover too.
I am sorry you lost a pet.
Actually, I wanted the dog to stop eating my garbage both because I hated cleaning up the mess and I was worried about it eating too many bones. I confess I baited the aluminum pan with chicken skin and bones...but the bones were wingtips only. I made it tasty with lots of gravy, meat scraps and things like that to see if the dog would eat that,and go on its way and it did, leaving the bag alone. But that wasn't practical. So I sprinkled some extra firey hot sauce on my scraps, and because it didn't taste it in time, it went howling home in misery.
The next day when it came to my neighborhood it passed my house, not even looking into my carport. Because my
neighbors were still suffering from holes bitten in their garbage bags by the same dog, i gave them the rest of the hot sauce...
I knew the person who owned the other dog, who denied its guilt. So, one day I wrote a note that said: " I am tired of your dog getting in my garbage bag - so next time it happens, I will put him in it!" petted the dog, and slipped the note into his collar. No more problem, BUT sometime later, I was at a party...and she was telling some of the people there about "this really mean and evil person who lived in the neighborhood who want's to kill my dog" I interupted her to say " but you are talking about me - I was the one who wrote the note, because I was tired of your dog breaking into my garbage bag." She said: " but you love dogs!" "...and you aren't mean either."
I said I only wanted you to know about the mischief it was getting into, and wanted you to keep it in your fenced yard.
And everybody laughed! J