View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 05:42 PM
fabric whisperer

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

I had gotten some Legacy Studio called Calliope (Multi Leaves & Scrolls were the two from that line)... my daughter (12) fell in love with the purples and teals, and we intended to somehow "redo" the back bedroom of our camper. Needless to say, we hadn't started yet... and I saw a few Carpenter's Wheels (Carpenter's Star?) and liked the pattern.

So stupid me, wanting instant gratification, whips out some monkey fabric last night and matched it up with two other colors... tried the cheater pattern that uses all HST's... it's ok, but it's just not true diamonds, ya know? So not having tried "Y" seams yet to this extent, please don't call the quilting police! :shock: (pictures are kinda yuk, I took them with my phone)

For my first go at real "Y" seams, I don't think I did too bad. Got one pucker, but ya know what? I unstitched that stupid seam 5 times already, I just cannot, will not, DON'T make me do it please!!! (I can live with it, really!)

So after I finally got it together, I had to "audition" a few border options... we found one the whole family likes! So now I'm excited to get going on the last 3 blocks. I plan on doing a freehand feather on each of the diamonds to accentuate them. Will coordinate purple thread on the teal diamond, teal thread on purple diamond, and black thread on the print.

So here's the first of the 4 master blocks...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116636[/ATTACH]

and here's the layout with borders just laid next to block...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116637[/ATTACH]

and now with the mirrors my family gets a teaser of the final quilt (of course the mirror screws up the middle star, but you get the idea!) ...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116638[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-116631.jpe   attachment-116632.jpe   attachment-116633.jpe