View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 06:12 PM
mim

Last winter I thought there must be some quilters here in FL -- after all most of us are northerners. So with the blessings of the local snowbirds group, (they rent the space for us) I started a weekly gathering.

No agenda -- just what happens to be of interest that day.

Today we had a mini class in a new way to applique that a lady from WI showed us, a lot of wonderful Dear Jane blocks that a lady from MN is doing and how to make a pillowcase with border and piping from a lady from Alberta. and several ladies are starting quilted sweat shirts that someone is really good at.

Of course show and tell is the highlight. They want to do an article on the gathering next week for the local newspaper. The publicity will be good for the Community Center and the Senior Center where we meet.

Notice, I call it a gathering because it really is like a quilting bee. we baste sandwiched quilts, help each other with projects and offer opinions on how to find shops and fabrics.

Every week is different and all I really do is unlock the door and start to move the tables into a square. And make sure the door is closed tightly,

I hope it continues after I leave for the west coast

Mim