View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 06:39 PM
ilovetosew

Paper piecing is not hard, just a bit confusing until you realize that you are sewing through the pattern from the front, while your fabric pieces are on the back.

I had 4" size heart blocks and reduced them on my copier by 46% to 2 1/2". I numbered the sections according to the order I'd be covering them with fabric. Some patterns are already numbered. Make sure you cut your pieces of fabric a bit bigger than you'll need to avoid having them too small when you flip them back.

Place your first piece of fabric over section 1, right side up, on the unlined side of the paper. Place the fabric that will cover section 2 on top of #1, right sides together, lining up the edge. Flip the pattern over, holding tightly to the fabric pieces and sew on the line between sections 1 & 2, through the paper. Back stitch at both ends of every seam. Flip the pattern over and use your fingernail to press the fabric over.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-119630.jpe   attachment-119631.jpe   attachment-119632.jpe   attachment-119757.jpe