View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 08:21 AM
thepolyparrot

I had this exact same machine and treadle base. I still have the treadle, but I gave the machine to my grandson because it had the RAF decal on the bed of the machine.

This looks like it's going to clean up beautifully. :)

I was sure that this machine was a 15-30. Have you looked at the manual carefully to compare it to your machine? Either I was given the wrong model # for mine, or a former owner of yours bought the attachments and manual for the 15-96/98 because they were close enough to work. (The 15 has been in production for over a hundred years, in various iterations! Pretty cool, hm?)

I just ordered some Dr Woodwell's elixir to use on some of my cabinets that have this kind of damage to the finish. I hope it works as well as they claim. I just finished cleaning and waxing a 1950 15-91 that looked even worse than this when I started, but now gleams like a gem! I used Goop waterless hand cleaner (without pumice) to get the grime off, then waxed it with TR3 Resin Magic.

I would saturate those bandaids with sewing machine oil and let them sit until the adhesive dissolves. You might be able to get them off without pulling up the decals.

The decals look really, really good on this machine - you're going to be absolutely enchanted with how pretty it is when it's clean and shiny! :) Lucky you!