View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 09:17 AM
karenm36

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
Since you are new to quilting have you done a quilt on point before? They are a bit tricky because you need to figure out the size for your setting triangles. Also did you pre wash our fabrics that you bought with a color catcher? Red especially will more than likely bleed. I am speaking from experience. I love the reds you are using because color popping all over sprinkled through out the entire quilt adds dimention and movement. There are so many ways to sash the blocks. I really like the block that alternates with what you have . I am not sure of the name but it is like a chain and striking to look at and I think it would be wonderful in this quilt without making it too busy.

You are on a great start I think your son is gonna love what you are doing! Be patient and take your time. It is gonna be awesome!!! :thumbup: :D :thumbup:

I hope I have helped you out!
Have a great day :D
No, I have NO CLUE how to do a quilt on point...just thought it might be a good idea and figured I'd figure it out soon enough. Is there a resource I could read to see how to do it?

I thought of making a block that would kind of give this an Irish chain kind of look...but I kept getting bogged down in what colors I would use and it just seemed like it would be too busy...so you're thinking maybe it wouldn't be? What colors might I consider? The dark denim would definitely be one.

And YES, everything is prewashed multiple times. I'm allergic to the chemicals used in making fabric so I have to wash a lot to get the sizing out, etc. so that I can even handle it without ill effects.

Thanks so much for your help! Karen