View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Melinda in Tulsa

Originally Posted by yellowsnow55
Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
Originally Posted by yellowsnow55
Originally Posted by jpthequilter
and...Once i lived where we had thick paper garbage cans because of a biting fly problem..
there were two dogs who would bite holes in the bottoms of them and scatter the garbage on my carport...
SO for a week I put chicken skins bones, ect. in an aluminum foil pan beside the bag..one day I laced the scraps with extreme HOT sauce. (Mclehenny's) The dog gobbled it up, and went howling home.
After that the dog just passed my place, with its nose in
the air, and never stopped in my yard again.
Wonder if it would work the same way with cats and hot sauce and catnip laced hamburger.? (The catnip is to make sure they ate some...) J
That I think was a cruel thing to do, after all it's not the dogs fault their humans are not looking after them?
Please re read her post...She said the dogs bit holes in the garbage bags. She did not deliberately feed chicken bones to the dogs. She laced it with hot sauce to send them away.
She did deliberately feed them in a foil pan, then laced the food with hot sauce and hurt the dogs. I know they made a mess of her garbage cans, but that is no reason to be cruel. She would have been better of tracing the owners down and complain.
Not trying to stir up trouble, but I think that is a matter of opinion. Nobody is any bigger animal lover than I am but enough is enough when someone else's animal causes you grief. What is mean is the owner to just let their dogs run loose. I have 3 large dogs, who live in the house. When they are out to do their business or whatever, they stay home and do not wander. I do not have a fenced in yard, but they know where their boundaries are.

I know what peoples house pets can do when they run wild. If you've ever had to put up with peoples *house pets* bringing down a 500 pound calf and disemboweling it, you would change your mind. We had this problem several years ago when a subdivision sprang up near us. We had 5 calves killed by *house pets* in a 2 week period. Like I said, enough is enough. People still need to take responsibility for their animals.

Sorry PatriceJ, I'm not trying to stir up trouble, but I'm a farm gal who unfortunately understands the realities of life.