Old 02-03-2011, 11:42 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jtapp9
I did a OBW class with the book a few years ago. I still have the stack of half hexagons pinned together! When i started I was pretty excited about the method. I picked out a really pretty asian print with light green and cream backgrounds and red/black/gold designs. It turned out some really pretty blocks! My biggest problem is that I don't have a design wall. I don't have a floor I can lay them out on. So I can't visualize the quilt. I tried to start on it not very long ago (finishing up some UFO's) and did a piece of a strip. Then just took it apart a few days ago.

I read somewhere on here where someone took the whole hexagon and sewed another triangle piece to 2 opposite corners. This made it a block. Not square but kind of parralelagram shaped. I'm really considering doing this just so I can finish it and put it to use. I hate still having it laying around years later.

I was really excited when I started it, but man have I lost my interest. Part of me really wants to finish it the way it was started...and another part JUST WANTS IT DONE! :)

Your beautiful fabric and blocks might be inspiring me...lol

Edited to add: I probably have close to 100 blocks! I bought a 24" repeat and the teacher forgot to tell us if the repeat was large we could buy less fabric...lol. I had a king size bed at the time so I went ahead and cut a ton.
That's a shame! I know some ppl hang up a cheap plastic table cloth, flannel side out and blocks stick to that. My wall is just a queen size batt stapled to a length of timber and screwed to the wall. Didn't cost much. If you don't have the wall space, could you rig something up that you can put up and take down? Kind of like a roller blind maybe? Just a thought - I hate to think of your poor neglected OBW! :-( :lol: :-D