Thread: more my dolls
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 11:51 AM
wordpaintervs

Originally Posted by drgranny
Originally Posted by Quiltforme
Oh I so love your dolls. What beautiful mermaid!! do you sell them?
I don't sell them because when I tell people the price I want for them they have all kind of remarks like "for a cloth doll?" or something else to deminish the worth. I put a lot of time and thought into them and I want them to be appreciated just like we feel about our quilts. I sometimes give them to people who express a real liking for them but don't ask if they have a price or to a friend who is having a bad day.
How thoughtful of you to make a giftee of your wonderful dolls. I love dolls but as true of so many, can't afford them for myself, so divert myself into making special rag dolls 12 inch, 21 inch and 24 inch (the 24 inch ones are the boy dolls) for kids with cancer or faced with serious health or emotional issues, causing problems that call for a doll that can comfort them. Good for you and God bless. Some people who don't craft can't imagine the time and effort that goes into things.

The dolls are just totally awesome. Especially the birdcage, but then living near the coast the mermaid was pretty special too. All are great. I'm 70 and will never quit loving dolls. Perhaps I shall never grow up, but that's okay by me. giggling.

Keep up the good work.

Vickey Stamps (aka wordpaintervs)