Old 12-20-2008, 11:07 PM
auntluc

Originally Posted by Zen
I've got another project I'm sewing tonight before bed, then tomorrow I have packing, kids to take care of, church, cleaning, and someone coming over for dinner who will stay until pretty much bedtime. And then, Monday morning, we leave to drive 8 hours to my inlaws, where I'll have the space in a semi clean garage to spray baste and to sew on binding if I have the time. But we'll be in a house filled with, oh, 10 adults, 2 teenagers, 3 toddlers/babies, and an almost potty trained puppy until Christmas.

Also, it's my first quilt and so I've only done a small amount of practice machine quilting. I'm not so worried about the free motion stuff, but there is a lot fused applique that I need to blanket stitch down (yeah, forgot to mention that earlier). So yeah, I think it'll take me some time and I'd rather not stress over it. Besides, as of a few weeks ago, my dad wasn't retiring until March, so it's his own fault that he decided to retire next week and now it's not going to be done.
Sounds like you have a pretty full schedule...good luck on whatever you decide to do.