View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 10:26 AM
live2teach

Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist
Some SUV's aren't too bad. SOmething you would definatley look at before purchasing, though. My Durango got 23 mpg on our trip to the beach, and that was with sitting in traffic for over an hour....but, normally, it was doing better and better. It was getting around 18-20 at the end...(which I know isn't the best, no where near what your Saturn gets, I'm sure.)
I have a 1974 VW super beetle in the garage...they get around 40!
Yes, some SUV's can be very harsh on the wallet. LOl. When we trying to find my Jeep, I swear it took forever. After having a car for years, I knew that the gas mileage, was obviously, going to be worse but I didn't care. I wanted my Jeep and that was that. LOL. When we first got it, around town it was getting 12 miles per gallon...YIKES>I didn't know it was going to be that bad. Then on the highway it got 14-16. But then, when we took it to Tennessee, it got 23 miles per gallon and we have had excellent gas mileage since. Now, around town it gets between 16 and 18 and on the highway it gets around 20. We wen to Pittsburgh yesterday, in ALOT of traffic and stopping and...well you know how the city is...it was 10 times worse being labor day weekend,LOL and it still got 23 miles per gallon. I absolutely love my Jeep. (It's a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Limited, the color is Inferno Red). I'll post a picture soon, just as soon as it gets washed. LOL.