Thread: Busted!
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Airwick156

Originally Posted by sewmom
Yesterday I was sorting through some of my fabrics and putting some on the boards, organizing the fabrics for the quilts that I'm making this year or have all the components for, and my DH came in the room. I had stacks on my table and kind of all over and he said"How much fabric do you have? Did you buy this all in the last 6 Months? How much have you spent?" Well I couldn't really answer any of his questions factually. tonight he brought it up again. he says he's not harping on me b/c he knows that it's my hobby,but he doesn't want me to be too used to spending tons on fabric b/c when he's not working anymore, I'll have to cut back. he was nice enough about it, but we're talking about a man whose son works for Fossil, who got him a nice Fossil watch for Christmas, and then went to Elder Beerman and paid $100 for another Fossil watch! I guess this means I need to hide it better or search out less pricy fabric sales. He did say" I hope you're not collecting it just for the sake of collecting- that you are planning to use it. You are not gonna turn into one of those hoarders are you?" he he. Do you think I should show him that video of 100 ways to hide your stash?
:)
NO BY ALL MEANS don't show him that video...But maybe he will buy you a bunch of containers to put your fabric in...and you can always tell him you are organizing all of it into containers and that when you get that done, he will see you don't have as much as it seems...oh and hang some up in the wayyyyy back corner of your closet but spread it out just in case he sees a color that he likes and has to be nosey and see what it is and catch you red handed stashing. LOL