View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 07:08 PM
CoyoteQuilts

Originally Posted by Momwood
I am in the process of making a donation quilt for my church. I am trying to match up 2 strips of a fabric made of small squares of neckerchief scarves. (Purchased) I have them matched beautifully on the front but I have NO idea how to keep them matched while I turn right sides together to actually SEW them together. Any ideas??? It sounded simple until I got it home and found the squares are offset and have NO line in common. I just thought I would cut down the length 1/4 inch off the line .... and sew them together..... WRONG. I have even thought about invisible thread but this quilt is supposed to be tied. I feel so STUPID that I didn't notice it at the store!
I have re-read your post several times and do not understand the question. You say you have them matched on the front, but no idea how to keep them matched while you turn right sides together. How can you have them matched on the front before you sew together?

If you have several blocks sewn together into 2 different strips and you are trying to sew these strips together and can't match the seams, the easiest away to put them together is to offset the seams--don't try and match the seams... With charity quilts the person receiving it does not know that the pattern they received is not the pattern it was suppose to be.....